Sunday, March 1, 2015

Watercolour backed card

I saw that at So Suzy Stamps, the blog hop for March is using watercolored techniques so I decided to use some stamps that I recently purchased from them and get to work.



Once again, I took some watercolored card stock and stamped my two So Suzy Stamps on them.  I embossed them with Stampendous Detail white embossing powder and heat set it.
I then put a lot of water on my paper and used Mustard seed and Fired Brick distressed inks with a paint brush.  I played around with water to get the splotches in the background and the stamped images acted as a resist which gave them the nice look.
I thought the background needed something more so I attached some DCWV twine around the card and some sequins (from michaels).
I attached it to the card using foam tape.

I just love the watercolored backgrounds and will hopefully continue to when I get more time!


No comments:

Post a Comment